In the experimental environment of the Color Lab CAL, participants are encouraged to play with color to create their very own blanket. The tools for this can be found in the Color Lab CAL kits. Each CAL kit contains 3 basic colors and a Color Pack consisting of 80 colours. In addition, the kits come with an interactive booklet, containing a Periodic Color Table, color theory and coloring pages with a simplified, schematic representation of the complete blanket. Under the guidance of designer Rachele, participants set to work to determine the color placement themselves, resulting in a unique blanket. Five exciting examples have been made for inspiration: three made with Scheepjes Metropolis, two with Scrumptious.
The most important facts at a glance:
- CAL Duration: January 11 to April 5 [12 weeks, 8 pattern pieces].
- Tips & Tricks PDF will be shared in the Facebook groups on January 4, 2023 in preparation for the CAL.
- The crochet pattern is available for FREE and will be posted in parts via the Official Scheepjes Facebook groups and on Scheepjes.com.
- Pattern pieces last 1 OR 2 weeks instead of weekly pattern pieces.
- The pattern is available in Dutch, German and English (UK & US).
- English and Dutch video tutorials for left and right-handers will be made available during the CAL, created by Esther from It's all in a Nutshell blog.
- There are 2 kits available in 2 Scheepjes yarns.
- Yarns used: Scheepjes Metropolis OR Scrumptious.
- Each CAL kit contains a Color Pack with all colours.
- Metropolis Blanket Dimensions: 160 x 142 cm (60 x 56in) after tensioning.
- Dimensions Scrumptious Blanket: 198 x 176cm (78 x 69in) after tensioning.
are available: , a luxurious Extra Fine Merino Blend, and Scheepjes’ newest yarn , that has recycled plastic bottle content. Both CAL kits include three base shades and a Colour Pack containing all 80 available colours, offering countless exciting options for placement. Kit extras include the Classified Colour Lab booklet, a tapestry needle on a printed card, a Limited Edition Scheepjes Lanyard and an ‘Access All Areas’ pass that unlocks fun extra content, relating to the theme.